WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING

• As of April 11th, I'm reading Mythology by Edith Hamilton.

• The Eternal Celts

Celtic Heroic Age

• The dunwich horror by hp lovecraft and the rig veda

• SIEGE by James Mason

• Germanics Anonymous

Heimskringla and Revolt Against the Modern World, they fit surprisingly well with each other.

• Administrators

Chronicle of the Slavs by Helmold.

• Global Moderator

Gonna make a short reading list so I can check back in:

The Rig Veda
    Psyche: the Cult of Souls and Belief in Immortality Among Ancient Greeks - Erwin Rohde
    The Ancient City: A Study on the Religion, Laws, and Institutions of Greece and Rome - Fustel de Coulanges
    Gods and Fighting Men - Lady Gregory
    Summoning Der Gods - Collin Cleary
    Mitra-Varuna - T. Dumezil ( it worth it?)
    History of Greek Culture - Jacob Burckhardt
    The Greeks and Greek Civilization - Jacob Burckhardt
    The Upanishads

And I'm currently reading Celtic Folk and Fairy Tales by Joseph Jacobs

• The Great Dialogues of Plato go upvote every post on my superb thread for it

• Indo-European Sacred Space Vedic and Roman Cult by Roger Woodward. Purchased it last week. It was published in 2005, and I had it on my to buy list for about 2 years or so. I wish I had gotten it sooner. I would recommend it to everyone, but it is definitely not for the beginner. Anyone just starting out ought to keep this on their list and read it after covering the basics. It basically shows that archaic Roman rites were very close to the older versions found in the Vedic corpus. Lots of quotations from Latin and Sanskrit texts. There is even a diagram of a particular type of Vedic ritual space.

Mythic Images and Shamanism a Perspective on Kalevala Poetry by Anna-Leena Siikala. It was well worth getting ahold of, though it took some time. I know that the general consensus here is that Finnish paganism is a separate category, but I am not so sure of that. The Finnish language has many Indo-European loan words, some quite archaic. There is a link with Germanic lore in particular, which is noted in the book. Ukko is very much like Thor, and in some places actually was called that. The Estonian Taaru is another example. Väinämöinen is very similar to Odin. The Finns have a much more recent history with paganism, not having been influenced so long by Christianity. There are many traditional rites and folk practices and poems that are pagan and still extant. This book goes into great detail about these practices(with photos) and translated some songs. The practice of ancestor worship and lore about land and water spirits similar to elves is also evident. My suggestion is to glean from this valuable resource. It is unfortunate that even in Finland traditional practices declined through the 20th century. The author of this book documented some old practitioners. There is a revival going on with Suomenusko, so things are not so bad.

• Great Slavdom

Reading Ride the Tiger right now. Started it before, but it was just a gay pdf, so I decided to wait untill I buy the book.

• Archaic roman religion
    The Illiad
    and an anthology of Canadian poetry

• Jumping between the Volsung Saga and the Mabinogion

• I finished the previous two books, though I was almost done when I posted about them. Practically made mini-reviews on books I had not finished. They were no worse for finishing them, so I amend nothing I said.

I am now reading East and West, which is a collection of Julius Evola articles written for the publication by that name. It is published by Counter-Currents, and I think it was a recent one they put out. It is my only book published there, but I had heard of them before.

• The Turner Diaries

• The Mystery of the Grail by Evola, interesting stuff!

• The Eternal Celts

Comparative Mythology by Jaan Puhvel

• The Sanskrit Epics' Representation of Vedic Myths by Danielle Feller. It can easily be found online. Costs about $20-30 to purchase online. I pretty much have finished it.

• Great Slavdom

The Iliad by Chadmer.

• The Eternal Celts

Vedas

• The Eternal Celts

Gods and Fighting Men, and Tree Wisdom by Jacqueline Paterson.

A bit hippy and has some talmudism - as to be expected - but it's easy to read around and find a plethora of good nuggets of lore and wisdom.

Looks like your connection to PaganPathway was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.